Blogging English 2

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

e-tivity 10

Final papers

Here we are, ten weeks later, lots of logins, passwords and registrations later and you’ve all made it, every single one of you! I have been extremely impressed by the dedication with which you have approached each e-tivity, by your patience when there were technological challenges, and the insight of your blog posts. Now it’s time to “digest” everything. What I mean by “digest” is stop and think about what you’ve learned. Your final paper (that’s what this e-tivity is about) is a time for reflection. Reflecting on the experience of the last ten weeks, reflecting on social software, reflecting on the Web, reflecting on what you’ve learned an how you’ve changed. You’ve got several weeks to complete this one so take your time :-)

Sarah

Purpose: To reflect on what you’ve learned in this course and express your thoughts in the form of a final paper.

Task: You could write a final paper on the experience of using the social software, on social software itself, on one of the particular genres we have considered, etc. The choice is yours. Please take some time to consider what you would like to write about. You may be objective (like writing about what you’ve already started researching for your wiki contributions) or subjective (like what you’ve learned and how you think it might be useful for other students of English) or both. These are just some ideas; I’m sure you’ll come up with more creative interesting ones!

The paper should be about 3 pages (see Course Syllabus).

In the next few days, please send a comment to this message saying what you intend to write about.

After Christmas I will be sending a message with the rubrics I will be using to assess your papers and some indications on structure.

Respond: There is no “respond” as this is an individual assignment.

Timeline: January 17, though this is flexible. If you’ve got lots of exams to study for just let me know and I can extend the deadline. Please send your papers to me via email as a .doc.

7 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 5:02 PM, Blogger Giorgia said...

Dear Sarah and dear boys and girls!!
I thought carefully about what I want to write my final paper.
My decision goes towards a general introduction on our course using the blog, on our e-tivities; then I want to reflect upon my approach to this course, on my experience and on what I have learned..I don't want to write something objective and I think that my paper will be very subjective and personal. I hope it is a good decision!
Merry Christmas!
Bye
Giorgia

 
At 12/31/2006 5:50 PM, Blogger marco said...

Hello everybody!
I think my final paper will be a personal one, reflecting on what I have learned so far in this course. In particular, I think I will also speak about what we did on our activities on line and about any problem we had to solve to do our activities. In fact, one can learn something only facing and solving some problems, isn't it?
See you soon
Marco

 
At 1/02/2007 4:32 PM, Blogger francesca said...

Hi Sarah and colleagues,

In my final paper I’d like to briefly describe the e-tivities we have done in this course and reflect upon what I have learned so far (thanks to these e-tivities). I’d like to focus on the importance of social software as an alternative and stimulating method to improve and practice a foreign language and I will talk a little about my personal blog. Moreover, I’d like to write about my experience and personal approach to this new method. I think I will use a personal point of view.
It is not an easy task to stop and reflect about what we have learned so far but it is very stimulating to write a personal paper about your impressions and considerations.

Have a nice first week of 2007!!!
See you soon,
Francesca

 
At 1/04/2007 11:31 AM, Blogger lucreziabis said...

HI Sarah and colleagues, I thought carefully what my paper should contain and because my e-learning has just started I would prefer writing a quite personal paper ( i
I'm not a expert yet) ,I think I will deal, as others, with all the atcivities we did and the problems we had to face but I would like to focus on advantages and disadvantages of our experience.Then I would also like to analyse in particular podcasting. See you sooner,
Have a nice epiphany!!

Bye

Lucrezia

 
At 1/05/2007 3:48 PM, Blogger Annalisa said...

Hello everybody!
I hope you had good holidays!

I thought about my final paper and I decided to give my personal and general impressions about what I learned during my journey through podcasts, blogs, wikis...
In particular, I would like to concentrate my analysis on the importance of this new method of teaching: blogging(I'll consider its advantages but also some disadvantages).I think my work will constantly refer to my blog and my personal experience during this online course.
However, I'll try to write both a subjective and objective paper!

See you soon

Annalisa

 
At 1/14/2007 4:16 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Hello eveybody,
I know I'm in late, but I had to study for an exam.
Anyway, in my final paper there will be a summary of all the e-tivities we did during this English course. In particular, like Annalisa,I will concentrate my analysis on the importance of teaching by using a blog. I think I will refer to the posts I made in my personal blog. Like Giorgia and Maria Chiara, my objective is to write quite a “personal” paper.
See you soon

 
At 1/15/2007 12:56 PM, Blogger Sve said...

Hi everybody,

In my final paper I will talk about social software in general, and then about blogoshere and in particular about how we used the blog in order to improve our language skills.
I think that it will be both personal and objective (especially in the introduction).

See you soon

Svjetlana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home