Blogging English 2

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Something about me: Svjetlana

Hi people!!!

Let me tell you something about me!!!

My name is Svjetlana. As you can understand just by reading my name I'm not Italian but Bosnian. I moved from Bosnia to Italy eleven years ago. At the beginning it was really hard and difficult to accept this big change in my life, but now I'm happy to live here especially because nowaday the political and economical situation in Bosnia is so uncertain. While here, in Italy, everybody, if he wants, has an opportunity.
I'm 23 years old and I'm studying languages, English, Spanish and Croatian, at the University of Padua.
I'm not living in Padua but ...


Yes, the city of Palladio! Vicenza: very nice, small, full or works of Art and friendly people. Unfortunately I'm still living with my parents. But I hope, in two or three years, to leave them and to go to live by my own or with some friends of mine.

What else can I tell you about me, except that I have spent years and years on books.

Well, I can't imagine my life without music. It is as important as the air we need to survive. Unfortunately I'm not a musician, even though I think that I have a nice voice. Perhaps in future I could become a big star!!! :-) What can I say, I just adore this form of expression. I don't like a particular group, singer or type of music. It all depends on periods of my life and especially on my mood. For example, now I am listening a lot of rock music, especially british-rock. Groups as Arctic Monkey, The Kooks, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian make me go crazy. Their sound is really great!!!!

It is really difficult, quite impossible, to find an immage that represents the infinite and various aspects of our personality. The reason why I've chosen this immage is because I adore the sea and everything that concernes it: the beach, the sun, the water, sunsets...Everything is so romantic, calm, relaxing. But sometimes the sea can be melanconic, sad, unquiet...This is why it representes me very well. There is also a bird on this picture! This animal give me the idea of total freedom. Very often I imagine myself with wings flying away from people and problems of everyday life. Free from everything: problems, thoughts, stress, commitments, pressures...

And finally, let me tell you something about my relationship with the machine on which I'm now writing. I'm completely aware that we are living in the Internet Era but it is not so easy to understand and learn everything. Fortunately, during my 5 years of university adventure I have had different opportunities to improve my knowledge on what regards Internet and technology but I think that there are too many things that I have to learn. So I don't have many web sites to suggest, because usually I use Google for any kind of information and research and, obviously, the web site of the University of Padua.

That's all!!! By, by to everybody.

3 Comments:

At 10/22/2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Giorgia said...

Hi Svjetlana!!
I've chosen to comment your introduction as I liked it very much and according to me it is very interesting and very nice to read.
I think that some things characterize me and you...first: we have both learnt to use computer at university!! And, as I think I have understood from your post, we use it only for university.
I read that you like the sea..I love the sea too!!But I agree with you when you say that it can be melancholic too..Do you believe me if I tell you that I don't want to go to walk on the beach during the winter or autumn?..during these seasons the fact of contemplating the sea creates in me a sense of melancholy and loneliness!!
You also said that you live in Vicenza; I know very well this city because my father works there, and you also wrote that you hope to move away from your parents' house in two or three years..I admire you because this means that you are very brave and autonomous! This fact doesn't link us..I have to tell you the truth: in my future plans there isn't that of going to live elsewhere, I feel good with my parents and for the moment I think I will continue living with them!!
Well, I think that's all for now and what can I tell you for this next year?..Have a good luck Svjetlana!!
Bye Giorgia

 
At 10/23/2006 12:43 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Hi Svjetlana
I answer to your question about ALL BLACKS'strange dance...its name is HAKA and it adds a unique component, derived from the indigenous Maori of New Zealand. More than any aspect of Maori culture, this complex dance is an expression of the passion, vigour and identity of the race!!!
It is very spectacular if you see it live as I did every time All Blacks came in Italy...
About serials, I like Scrubs too! It's true that is very amazing and that you can't stop laughing!
See you on tuesday
Alice

 
At 10/23/2006 8:41 PM, Blogger francesca said...

Hi Svjetlana,
I agree with you about the fact of leaving our parents’ house!! I live in an apartment with other four girls, they study at university too, we are very good friends. During the holidays I go home . My parents are really kind but when I will have my job I would like to find a house where to live by my own or perhaps with some friends. I really like to be independent and autonomous. Moreover it is really funny to live with some friends. As regards my experience here in Padua we do a lot of things together: clean the house, cooking, shopping, watching television…One of the thing that I most appreciate is the fact that when I have a problem I don’t need to take the phone and call a friend to speak a little but just go to the kitchen and speak with them…..(it is true that you can also speak with your parents if you live with them but a friend can understand much better your problems!!). When I was on Erasmus I met a lot of young people (from Germany, Great Britain and Sweden) that have been leaving by their own since they were 18 years old, I don’t know about Bosnian young people but here in Italy we are a little ‘mammoni’.
Another thing that we have in common is the uncertainty about the future and our job! I would like to travel or have some job experiences abroad, perhaps in Great Britain or somewhere in the world!!! See you tomorrow …take care!!
Francy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home