Blogging English 2

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Something about me...


Hi everyone!

My name’s Alice, I'm 25 and I live in Albignasego, a town near Padova.

Like most of the people in the world I like going out with my friends, listening to music, watching sports on TV and so on but I hope you can understand something more about me through this brief and a little strange description.
I’ve chosen this photo because it represents a part of me: it is a silver fern which is the symbol of New Zealand National rugby team. I love sports and in particular rugby because my father was a rugby player and I grew up in strict contact with this fantastic sport. I think this is the sport which best represents the idea of team spirit because in order to make points you have to collaborate with your playmates until you conquer all the field of the opposing team and, believe me, it is impossible to do it by yourself. This is why one of the links I’ve chosen is the official website of New Zealand rugby team whose players are also called "All Blacks" because their uniforms are entirely black. This is the best team in the world and although I'm Italian this is my favourite rugby team.

Besides rugby, one of my biggest passions are serials and movies so if you want to share this passion with me you can link this website about TV series. I dont' think there is a TV serial I have never seen and I don't like. Since most of them are American and we can see them in Italy only after some time has passed, I read all the spoilers I'm intrested in before I see the series...I know it is not right, but I'm so curious and impatient...

There would be lots and lots of things to tell you about me but...I'm a mysteriuos person and is not my nature to reveal my character at once, so if you want to know even more about me, just comment my blog and I will be glad to answer your questions!!!

Bye
Alice

2 Comments:

At 10/22/2006 2:41 PM, Blogger Annalisa said...

Hi Alice!!

I've chosen your introduction first of all because I've been struck by the picture you have chosen..Honestly because I didn't known what it could represent..now I'm glad to have discovered a new thing!!

Reading more I can understand you like serials very much! you know, I've visited the website about TVseries you have written:it is really interesting and well made!
I think you should know that I'm quite interested in TVseries too, although my biggest passion is watching movies!
AS regards series, without any doubts, the best one for me is Friends! I really love and I've even collected all the episodes on DVD!
I consider it as a real good distraction , about twenty minutes of pure and funny diversion!Moreover the characters are very well characterized and it is impossible not to become fond of them!! you know,Sometimes I identify myself with some features of Rachel!
But there is not only Friends!I've watched also Dawson's Creek but I have to say that the conclusion has a little disappointed me! At the moment I'm following The OC (even if I found The second season not so exciting..)and I'm looking forward for Desperate Housewives -this last one is really fascinating!
Furthermore I've seen some single episodes of Ally Mc Beal and Will and Grace!
Anyway I 'd like to know more about your preferences in this field..
I wait for your reply and-why not?- you can give me some anticipations!
Bye
Annalisa

 
At 10/23/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Sve said...

Hi Alice!
I've decided to answer to your blog especially because of the photo. I've never seen it before and it makes me become very curious. And here I am to comment your post!!!
Your passion for rugby is very interesting. I'm not a very sporty person but I like to watch sports, and especially those that are unusual. Here in Italy they only speak about soccer and nothing else. I can't really understand all this interest. Soccer is so borring!
I have a question for you about "All Blacks". Are they those who perform a particularly rough and aloud sort of dance before they start to play? Once I've seen an Adidas advertisment where this big rugby players, in black uniforms, were shouting in a strange language and making this strange movements. And they have impressed me a lot!!!
I like TV series too. Even if I'm following O.C., I prefer those series that makes me laugh, as Friends or series transmitted on Mtv. Have you ever seen Scrubs? It is really funny. When I watch it I can't stop laughing for an hour.
Well, this is all for the moment.
By, By.
Sve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home