Blogging English 2

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Marco comments two blogs

hello everybody,

I read two blogs written by someone who surely I will never meet in my life (using the computer may result so "cold" sometimes...) and in my opinion there are some things that are worth saying.

In a blog about halloween tales a girl (or at least I think the writer is a girl) asks about some advices about good Halloween tales to read. Although the blog is rather short, reading it I understood some more about how language is used in blogs and how blogs are written: in first place, the paragraph in this blog is written with a space between the body of the text and the final note, in order to make it easier to read; in second place, it is written using a very informal language, as it seems more the reporting of a spoken text than a true written text; in third place, the author uses short phrases and colloquial expressions like "licking my lips" and so on.

The second blog i read was about the first weeks in spain of a person called Allen: I read it just eight minutes before the writer had finished writing. He (Allen seems to me a name for a male) wrote about his mood, about what he was doing at the moment, about a friend of his using a direct and colloquial style and it seemed to me like as if he was talking to me rather than writing on a blog. He organized his text in a personal way with short paragraphs, short sentences and smiles (like this :-) ).

These are the two more interesting blogs in my opinion, but since I read many others, I can state that blogs can be organized in very different ways by different writers, that they can be more or less colloquial (and sometimes also a bit vulgar) and that you can find blogs about everything in the world. I enjoyed the possibility to put a comment under the blog I read, that could be great fun!!

This is all I have to say about blogs!!
Have a nice weekend!
Marco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home