Blogging English 2

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Alice's favourite blogs

Hi everyone!

The search for the blogs had been more difficult than I thought because on the net there are really millions and millions of blogs but only some of them are really interesting.


Look at this for example: if you want to know anything about New Zealand rugby it is very good. But I think it is not very informal like a blog should be. What I mean is that from the point of view of information is really good because you can find quite everything about New Zealand Rugby, but concerning the language, I consider it too formal and it seems quite you are reading a newspaper.


But I haven't given up my research because I wanted to find something more colloquial and particular and that's it: here there are also some links if you want to know EVERYTHING about entertainment and TV. The language here is more colloquial than in the other blog.

I have also found some other blogs talking about actors and rugby players (and I underline that I've said actors and players and not tv series or rugby...). So girls, if you want those links, just ask to me because I think is better not to put them directly here... you know the language they use is the typical language of friends talking together about a gorgeus guy
... ^_^

See you soon


Alice

3 Comments:

At 10/28/2006 11:31 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Dear Alice,
Either the language on the first blog is too formal or there are simply different styles in blogs. What do you think?

Sarah

 
At 10/30/2006 12:29 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Dear Prof. Sarah
(I don't know how to address you ^_^)
The matter of the style I think is linked to the matter of the language. In this way the styles are very different because the blog about rugby focuses on information and so the language is more formal, whereas the blog about TV is a personal blog where people share their thoughts and so the language too is less formal.

Alice

 
At 11/02/2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Dear Alice,
Please call me "Sarah", that is my name after all :-)
I agree with your answer. As you all discovered, the blogosphere is incredibly vast meaning that, obviously, there will be differences in the language and style of the blog depending both on the users and the topic of the blog.

Good observation.

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home